Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happiness is...a pair of needles and a pair of socks!!!



Well, we've had a fun couple of days jam-packed with activities! Last night, Emmeline and I headed out to our local library to learn how to knit!!! Now bear in mind that my mom and sister are accomplished knitters!!! And then there's me. I've "learned" several times before but never stuck with it. Emmeline decided that she would like to learn so we met up with our friend and librarian, Ms. Joan, to learn the ropes, so to speak! Emmeline did quite well and is excited about her new fiber art form. And yes, I "learned" again so that I could help Emmeline until the next time we go to see Ms. Joan!






And speaking of knitted things, let me share Emmeline's lucky knitting socks. These are Little Miss Matched Socks! I had never heard of them until we went to Disney World a few weeks ago. They had a little shop full of the neatest socks and accessories you've ever seen. The really cool thing is that when you buy a "pair" of socks, you actually get 3 socks, none of which match. She picked out these toe socks (please excuse the copious amounts of dog hair). Pretty neat, huh!

Hope that your hearts are happy, your hands are busy and your tootsies are warm!!

11 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty fine tootsies!!!! How fun is that! It's nice seeing Emmeline learning to knit too... I bet she learns quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I remember the toe socks. I used to think they were neat. I bet she loves them!
    I think it's so sweet that Emmeline is learning to knit. I hope she continues with it. You two could have crafty girl nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toe Socks - Oh my goodness I remember them! Oh wow - great that Emmeline is learning - I was "taught" but it never stuck - I was hopeless! Can wait to see what the Pasquarette girls turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember toe socks, too....my daughter now has some! I never learned how to knit but my grandma taught me to crochet. I think it's great you two are doing this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get those socks for my daughter, she loved fun things.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary ~
    I remember toe socks, too. And I remember they were not very comfortable.
    How cool that Emmeline wants to learn to knit!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary ~
    I couldn't find a link for your em address. To answer your question from my blog, Selene is a Newfoundland. My son wanted a great Dane, but his girlfriend said he could not get a dog that would weigh more than her. Well, she is about as big as my little finger, so I'm sure Selene outweighs her by many, many pounds!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary ~
    How sweet is it that you and Emmeline or learning knitting together, I know you will have so much fun! I think it is great when younger children enjoy doing handmade projects...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad Diane isn't there to get you out of trouble....that is what she does for my knitting disasters!!

    ReplyDelete