Friday, August 7, 2009

I've arrived...


Well, I've finally decided to jump into blogging. And this time, I mean it! My husband, Mike, and I toyed with the idea of doing a joint blog to focus on our hobbies involving wood and wool back in April but it never really got off the ground. So I've decided to go out on my own! (Sorry Mike!) Over the coming days, I plan to introduce you to my life...my family, my friends, my interests and my world!

My name is Mary and I live in Sharpsburg, MD, which is a great place for me as I enjoy history, especially the Civil War period. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband (more about him soon) and a beautiful daughter (more about her to come as well). We live in an early 19th century home in the heart of small town America and life is good!

As you've probably figured out, I enjoy the art of rug hooking. I've been hooking for about 4 years now and it brings me a great deal of joy. I consider myself to be a primitive hooker as I enjoy working with wider strips and more primitive or naive patterns. I am fortunate enough to belong to two ATHA guilds in the area...the Goose Creek Ruggers in Leesburg, VA and the With Hands and Hearts Antietam Fiber Artists guild in Boonsboro, MD. I'll be posting pictures of these wonderful groups from time to time. I'm off to the Mountain State Fiber Artists hook-in tomorrow and hope to have some pictures to share.

Looking forward to sharing with you all!

9 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome. I know I will enjoy reading your blog! I have also recently started a blog about rug hooking and quilting. Please stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, I took the blogging leap a couple of weeks ago too. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I have.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    Must be the time of year for starting a new blog! Welcome! I too have been thinking about it for a couple of years and just started mine a week ago! It will be fun to follow yours, a fellow hooker as well! Blessings! Cathy g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! I already love your house ~ great fireplace!! Will look forward to reading more!
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary - Great blog - looking forward to hearing more about you and your family and your hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to see/reading more on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing more about your hooking, family and home. Wonderful fireplace, show more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary - Welcome to blogland! I've only been blogging a few weeks myself - maybe we can learn how to do this together! Can't wait to see some of your rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, So HAPPY to see you are blogging!! Can't wait to read more of you and your family and to see some rugs you are working on!! Everything looks great. Love the picture of you!

    ReplyDelete